[Nbp] A little more background information

Eva Olsson eva.olsson at chalmers.se
Mon Mar 16 17:20:16 CET 2020

Dear All,

I just received a mail from Fredrik Höök with the very good comment that a little more information about the background for the further restrictions could be helpful.

Fredrik says:

“This link has no scientific source, and one should in times like these avoid spreading information, the source of which is not been peer reviewed. With that reservation, I share here a link which was sent to my from Ulf Gran, emphasizing the importance of reducing social contacts during pandemic outbreaks:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

If the spread can be slowed, the hospital units will be less pressed, while simultaneously, the chance to develop improved treatment, and even some kind of medication for those who become severely ill will increase dramatically.”

Take care. Be safe. Please contact me/your supervisor/project PI if you have any questions.

With my very best wishes,
Eva.