[Chemicalphysicstheory] Problem with openssl encryption

Joakim Brorsson joabro at chalmers.se
Mon Nov 7 13:16:46 CET 2022

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of openssl encryption that could possibly help me with a problem that I am facing. Specifically, I have recently updated the operating system on my Macbook and have since discovered that I can no longer decrypt a file that I have previously encrypted with openssl. Since I regularly encrypt and decrypt this file  my first thought that I might had made a mistake when writing the passcode for the last encryption, but that does not seem to be case since I cannot decrypt any of the versions found in my Time Machine backup.

Have any of you experienced something similar or have any idea about a possible solution. I have tried to look online but failed to find any helpful tips.

With regards

Joakim