[Agda-dev] google code is nearing the end

Andrés Sicard-Ramírez asr at eafit.edu.co
Mon Jun 22 17:27:02 CEST 2015

On 3 June 2015 at 07:09, Nils Anders Danielsson <nad at cse.gu.se> wrote:
> On 2015-04-15 15:11, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez wrote:
>>

>> We lost the following information:
>>
>> a) the attachments (the links don't work),
>

> Hopefully it will be possible to download a tar ball with all the
> issues, including the attachments:
>
>   "January 25, 2016 - The project hosting service is closed. You will be
>   able to download a tarball of project source, issues, and wikis. These
>   tarballs will be available throughout the rest of 2016."
>
>   http://google-opensource.blogspot.se/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html
>

>From https://code.google.com/p/support-tools/wiki/IssueExporterTool

Use Google Takeout to Get Issue Data

To create an archive of all of your Google Code projects' issues, head
to Google Takeout: https://www.google.com/settings/takeout

Google Takeout will create an archive of all of your project’s issues...

Once you have your issue archive, extract the file named
GoogleCodeProjectHosting.json. This is a JSON dump of all of your
projects' issues...

AFICT, the JSON file hasn't the attachments.

> However, I think attachments are now supported:
>
>   "In order to migrate attachment to github, you can use the attached patch"
>
>   https://code.google.com/p/support-tools/issues/detail?id=10#c8
>
>   "Submitted changes to fix this to GitHub"
>
>   https://code.google.com/p/support-tools/issues/detail?id=10#c9

There are two options for migrating the issues:

1) https://code.google.com/export-to-github/export?project=agda

2) https://code.google.com/p/support-tools/wiki/IssueExporterTool

Although option 1) can only be used with projects with less than 1000
issues, I could export the 1485 issues in

  https://github.com/asr/agda-complete-migration-test

using this option. This option is not working in the current Agda repo, though.

Your comment is related to option 2). I'm testing this option...

>> b) the milestones,
>

> There are less than 100 milestones set, these can be transferred
> manually.

I agree.

>> c) who created the issue and
>

> This information is transferred: "Original issue reported on
> code.google.com by [...] on [...]", "Original comment by [...] on
> [...]". However, "GoogleCodeExporter" becomes the author of issues and
> comments.
>
> Perhaps this feature will be supported in the future:
>
>   https://code.google.com/p/support-tools/issues/detail?id=59

I filed this issue. The issue still is open.

>> d) who is assigned to the issue (this can be fixed issue by issue)
>
> We have more than 1200 issues that are owned by someone. However,
> perhaps this information isn't very useful.

I agree.

> More notes:
>
> * It seems as if the GitHub issue tracker does not contain specific
>   support for things like "duplicate issue" and "blocked on". However,
>   there are ways to cross-link two issues (without editing both).

Right.

--
Andrés