[Agda-dev] google code is nearing the end

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at cse.gu.se
Wed Jun 3 14:09:48 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-15 15:11, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez wrote:
> After several failed attempts, I could migrate the issues to GitHub
> (see https://github.com/asr/agda-complete-migration-test).
>
> We lost the following information:
>
> a) the attachments (the links don't work),

Hopefully it will be possible to download a tar ball with all the
issues, including the attachments:

   "January 25, 2016 - The project hosting service is closed. You will be
   able to download a tarball of project source, issues, and wikis. These
   tarballs will be available throughout the rest of 2016."

   http://google-opensource.blogspot.se/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html

However, I think attachments are now supported:

   "In order to migrate attachment to github, you can use the attached patch"

   https://code.google.com/p/support-tools/issues/detail?id=10#c8

   "Submitted changes to fix this to GitHub"

   https://code.google.com/p/support-tools/issues/detail?id=10#c9

> b) the milestones,

There are less than 100 milestones set, these can be transferred
manually.

> c) who created the issue and

This information is transferred: "Original issue reported on
code.google.com by [...] on [...]", "Original comment by [...] on
[...]". However, "GoogleCodeExporter" becomes the author of issues and
comments.

Perhaps this feature will be supported in the future:

   https://code.google.com/p/support-tools/issues/detail?id=59

> d) who is assigned to the issue (this can be fixed issue by issue)

We have more than 1200 issues that are owned by someone. However,
perhaps this information isn't very useful.

More notes:

* It seems as if the GitHub issue tracker does not contain specific
   support for things like "duplicate issue" and "blocked on". However,
   there are ways to cross-link two issues (without editing both).

* Sometimes line breaks are introduced in source code
   (https://github.com/asr/agda-complete-migration-test/issues/1485).

--
/NAD