[Agda-dev] Discussion: Missing bug-fix commit in the maintenance branch

Andrés Sicard-Ramírez asr at eafit.edu.co
Sat Feb 14 15:49:38 CET 2015

On 13 February 2015 at 06:15, Nils Anders Danielsson <nad at cse.gu.se> wrote:

> Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term "bug" in my commit message. Would
> you be willing to drop this discussion if we called it a "modification
> of the operator grammar" instead?

​Besides ​Agda's users my main concern is related to the maintenance of the
standard library. Right now, both branches of the standard library have
many differences.

Maybe an option is stopping working in the maintenance branches of Agda and
the standard library and focus in the release of Agda 2.4.4 (and a version
of the standard library compatible with it). The standard library is ready
for it. Besides issue https://code.google.com/p/agda/issues/detail?id=1347,
I don't remember if there are some Agda issues blocking this option.

Releasing Agda 2.4.4 instead of a new bug-fix version also has the ​advantage
of making the master and maintenance branches more "synchronized" (e.g.
Travis stuff, Makefiles, etc).

--
Andrés