[subexp-daq] NURDLIB - CAEN V785N added plus spec file for UCESB

Weber, Guenter Dr. g.weber at hi-jena.gsi.de
Wed May 8 10:17:27 CEST 2024

Dear Hans,

my only issue with the new NURDLIB version is that the built-in test of the V1n90 module is failing once the following check starting from line 648 is implemented:

                /*
                uint32_t word_count;
                word_count = (u32 & BITS_MASK(0, 11));
                printf("word count = %u, word counter = %u\n",
                    word_count, tdc_word_cnt);
                if (word_count != tdc_word_cnt) {
                    module_parse_error(LOGL,
                        a_event_buffer, p32,
                        "TDC trailer word count does not "
                        "match actual number of words.");
                    result =
                        CRATE_READOUT_FAIL_DATA_CORRUPT;
                    goto caen_v1n90_parse_data_done;
                }
                */

Either in the test case the data is not really conforming with the manual (I checked for the case of V1190), i. e. the word count number is wrong, or different modul versions have a different structure and the test case was constructed for a different version of the V1n90 familiy.

For the moment, we can implement a check of the correct word count only on the UCESB level.

Best greetings

Günter

----------------

Günter Weber

Helmholtz-Institut Jena
Fröbelstieg 3
07743 Jena
Germany
Phone: +49-3641-947605
www.hi-jena.de<http://www.hi-jena.de>

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung
Planckstrasse 1
64291 Darmstadt
Germany
www.gsi.de<http://www.gsi.de>