[subexp-daq] Question on DRASI - faster flushing

Håkan T Johansson f96hajo at chalmers.se
Wed Jul 24 09:24:51 CEST 2024

Dear Günter,

I think I have a dirty fix for this.

In drasi and ucesb, use the branch 'quickflush'.

--

Please test on some PC not running a DAQ or data transport:

Make sure the 'tmux' program is installed.

Make three terminals.  The first needs to be wide and tall:

# First: this sets up a simulated DAQ with 30 Hz triggers.
# This runs inside tmux.  To exit, press 'C-b d'.

cd drasi/
make empty -j 32
scripts/runsim.sh --trigrate=30 --slaves=0 --timesort --trans

# Second: takes data from the end of the simulated DAQ chain, and sends
# using ext_data interface.

cd ucesb/
make empty -j 32
empty/empty --trans=localhost --ntuple=SERVER,dummy

# Third: read data using ext_data interface:

cd ucesb/
ext_test/ext_reader_h101 localhost

# The third should now show a more or less continous stream of updates:
# (not be 'chunked')

       2880 (d         1):  2
       2881 (d         1):  2
       2882 (d         1):  2

# The simulated DAQ can be killed with:

cd drasi/
scripts/runsim.sh --kill

--

To implement this more permanently, I would need to understand again how
they pace the data flow...  In order to not build more unnecessary options

Cheers,
Håkan