[subexp-daq] Question on default firmware for VULOM

Håkan T Johansson f96hajo at chalmers.se
Tue Feb 20 19:41:06 CET 2024

Dear Günter,

question: are you using different firmwares due to the need to have
different amounts of various kinds of logic inside?

Or is it just to run 'older' versions, due to software incompatibilities?

If the latter, then the long-term approach would be to try to rectify that
by maving to newer versions when possible.

We have been working on forward-porting the sis3316 branch you are using.
All the nurdlib-common things have been merged with the master branch
already.

The sis3316 changes are also done, but needs testing.  We have no
experience or direct access to such modules.  We have tried to be careful,
but it is easy to overlook things.  Separate mail to come.

Cheers,
Håkan