[subexp-daq] Question on DRASI and R3BFUSER

Håkan T Johansson f96hajo at chalmers.se
Wed Apr 17 11:21:27 CEST 2024

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024, Weber, Guenter Dr. wrote:

> Dear Hans and Håkan,

1) Left for Hans :-)

> 2a) Why does in our first DAQ system the address of the TRIVA not need to be
> set?
>

> --triva=master,fctime=10,ctime=50 \
>

> versus
>

> --triva=master, at 0x02,fctime=10,ctime=300 \

0x2 is the default address.  Just updated --triva=help to reflect that.

> 2b) What are fctime (fast clear time) and ctime (conversion time) actually
> doing?

The conversion time is the time between the triva gets the actual trigger
signal until it tells the VME side that an event is ready.  Either by VME
interupt, or by having the flag set in the status word (read via VME):

The fast clear time is the acceptance time for a fast clear (i.e. a
revoked trigger).  I never used that.

Details:

https://www.gsi.de/fileadmin/EE/Module/TRIVA/triva7_1.pdf

Cheers,