[subexp-daq] Question on UCESB

Håkan T Johansson f96hajo at chalmers.se
Wed Apr 10 12:57:19 CEST 2024

On Wed, 10 Apr 2024, Weber, Guenter Dr. wrote:

> This is really great. The only remaining question for now is if there is a
> way to get the content of an array (in the above case the counts in the 16
> scaler channels) without the additional information on the scaler channel
> numbers? In case of the SIS3316 digitizers a single pulse trace can have a
> length of tens of thousands of samples. Somehow I do not like the idea that
> without necessity we always transfer an additional array with just the
> numbers from 1 to n.
>
> Bottom line: is there an easy way to get rid of the '..._nI' part of the
> array object in the JSON output?

Nice that it worked.

I think the only 'easy' way to avoid the '..._nI' entries is to not use
zero-suppression for the array.

However, then it would/should appear fully in all events.  Since the
scaler module might not always be read, it would then contain the value 0
when nothing filled the array for that event.  That may (or not) be more
confusing.

Cheers,
Håkan