[Info.aoa-nano] Smalltalks "Heteroleptic coordination cages for tailored nanoconfinement"

Nano nano at chalmers.se
Fri Dec 22 11:26:12 CET 2023

SmallTalk [about Nanoscience]
On Monday May 27th at 15.00h we welcome you all to our SmallTalk seminar series. You are welcome to join us in lecture hall Kollektorn, MC2 with fika or on zoom.
Our speaker is Ebba Matic, Doctoral Student, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. The seminar is titled “Heteroleptic coordination cages for tailored nanoconfinement​”.
Abstract:
Coordination cages are 3-dimensional molecular boxes with metal ions in the corners bridged by organic ligands. In the center of the coordination cage there is a nanoscale hollow cavity that is very useful in many different applications. When confined in small spaces the properties of molecules change, they can become more reactive, or conversely be protected. Coordination cages have also been used for separation of molecules and detection of molecules. One problem with conventional coordination cages, is the highly symmetric cavity. To ensure good selectivity in the encapsulation the target guest molecule should fit in the cage like a key in a lock. In my work I develop novel heteroleptic coordination cages to use for separations.
The seminar is divided into two parts, where the first part consists of a pure overview of the field and is held on a generally accessible level (10 min). The second part will be more technical (15-20 minutes).
Looking forward to seeing you live or on Zoom:  https://chalmers.zoom.us/j/61929604403
Best regards,
Angela, Nils, Christoph, and Janine