[Info.aoa-nano] Smalltalks [about Nanoscience] “Nanofluidic Scattering Spectroscopy”.

Nano nano at chalmers.se
Mon Aug 28 09:44:59 CEST 2023

SmallTalk [about Nanoscience]
On Monday September 4th at 15.00h we welcome you all to our SmallTalk seminar series. You are welcome to join us in lecture hall Kollektorn, MC2 with fika or on zoom.

Our speaker is ​Björn Altenburger, Doctoral Student, Chemical Physics, Physics. The seminar is titled “Nanofluidic Scattering Spectroscopy​”.
Abstract:
Spectroscopy is a measurement technique that investigates visible light or other electromagnetic radiation regarding its intensity for specific wavelengths, making it so possible to identify and investigate processes at the molecular level. We apply this principle to the scattered light from nanochannels, which are very tiny hollow structures that allow a precise control of the flow of solutions and reactants. The reason for this is that we want to investigate metal nanoparticles, which are located in those nanochannels, to see which of those can help a chemical reaction in the best possible way. So our method is spectroscopy on scattered visible light, our measurement vessel is a nanochannel and the object of interest is a nanoparticle, whose function is of great importance to a whole industry.
The seminar is divided into two parts, where the first part consists of a pure overview of the field and is held on a generally accessible level (10 min). The second part will be more technical (15-20 minutes).
Looking forward to seeing you live or on Zoom<https://chalmers.zoom.us/j/63018620593#success>!
Best regards,
Alexandra, Philippe, Christoph, and Janine