[Driftstörning] Network maintenance July 9-11.

Göran Bengtson goeran at chalmers.se
Mon Juli 1 12:16:56 CEST 2013

We will upgrade the software in most of our routers during week 28.

On Tuesday July 9th, between 16:30 and 17:30,
 	Two central core routers will be upgraded. These are redundant and
 	the impact on the network connectivity is expected to be  be short,
 	1-3 seconds at the most.

On Wednesday July 10th at 16:30 the router ed-m-gw will be upgraded.
 	This will cause a network downtime of 5-10 minutes for:

 	The EDIT buildings.
 	The M-buildings (including the M department in an A building).
 	AoS in CA and Student union buildings, Johanneberg Södra and in
 	the A building.
 	Onsala Space Observatory (the department network).
 	The student union.

On Wednesday July 10th at 17:30 the router chl-gw will be upgraded.
 	This will cause a network downtime of 5-10 minutes for
 	the entire campus Lindholmen.

Om Thursday July 11 at 16:30 the router a-v-gw will be upgraded.
 	This will cause a network downtime of 5-10 minutes for
 	the A buildings and the V buildings.

Om Thursday July 11 at 17:30 the router l-1119c-gw will be upgraded.
 	This will cause a network downtime of 5-10 minutes for:
 	MV-building (Mathematical sciences),
 	Chalmersska huset.
 	The main library
 	The Vasa campus.
 	Chalmers teknikpark.
 	Campus hammarkullen.
 	C3SE.

All maintenance except the first one will also affect NOMAD Ethernet and the
WiFi services (NOMAD and eduroam) in the buildings.

 				/ Göran Bengtson
 				  ITSInfrastructure