[Agda] [ ANNOUNCE ] Agda Standard Library version 2.0

Matthew Daggitt matthewdaggitt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:42:05 CET 2023

Dear all,

The Agda Team is pleased to announce the release of version 2.0 of the
Agda standard library. The release has been tested using Agda 2.6.4
and Agda 2.6.4.1 and can be downloaded here
<https://github.com/agda/agda-stdlib/archive/v2.0.zip>.

The goal of this major version bump is to iron out many of the rough
edges in the library that we have been unable to fix in a backwards
compatible manner. Therefore code that worked with v1.7 of the library
may not work with v2.0. Nonetheless we hope that once ported across,
your code will be significantly cleaner and simpler than it was
before! An exhaustive list of changes can be found in the CHANGELOG
<https://github.com/agda/agda-stdlib/blob/v2.0-rc1/CHANGELOG.md> file.

I would also like to thank all the contributors to v2.0. The sheer
quantity of  additions in this version are absolutely massive - 30% of
all PRs ever made to the library have been in v2.0. Without our many
contributors this release would not have been possible.

Best wishes,

Matthew, on behalf of the Agda Team