[Agda] [ ANNOUNCE ] Standard library v2.0 - release candidate 1

Matthew Daggitt matthewdaggitt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 12:31:04 CEST 2023

Dear all,

The Agda Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate for
version 2.0 of the Agda standard library. The release candidate has
been tested using Agda 2.6.4 and can be downloaded here
<https://github.com/agda/agda-stdlib/archive/v2.0-rc1.zip>. We would
be grateful for reports of any issues you may encounter with the new
version of the library on the Github issues page
<https://github.com/agda/agda-stdlib/issues>.

The goal of this major version bump is to iron out many of the rough
edges in the library that we have been unable to fix in a backwards
compatible manner. Therefore code that worked with v1.7 of the library
may not work with v2.0. Nonetheless we hope that once ported across,
your code will be significantly cleaner and simpler than it was
before! An exhaustive list of changes can be found in the CHANGELOG
<https://github.com/agda/agda-stdlib/blob/v2.0-rc1/CHANGELOG.md> file.

Given this is a major version bump, we plan to wait approximately a
month before the full release in order to give people time to try it
out. If no major issues are found we will aim to release the official
version of 2.0 in late November/early December.

Best wishes,

Matthew, on behalf of the Agda Team