[Agda] performance debugging?

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at cse.gu.se
Tue Sep 26 16:37:50 CEST 2023

On 2023-09-25 16:21, Robby Findler wrote:
> I'm still on 2.6.3, if that matters. I see that there is a performance
> related change in 2.6.4: is there a way to get some hints about which
> functions might benefit from that treatment?

I assume that you refer to the new keyword "opaque".

Definitions which unfold "too much" can make Agda slow. If you have
definitions which usually do not need to be unfolded, then you can mark
them as opaque. If there is a need to unfold such a definition in a
proof (say), then you can make the definition transparent in the proof,
if you also make the proof opaque.

--
/NAD