[Agda] AIM collocated with APLAS'23 in Asia

Liang-Ting Chen liang.ting.chen.tw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 05:25:29 CET 2023

Hi everyone,

This year's APLAS will be hosted in Taipei, Taiwan in late November or
early December.
Since it is expected to attract PL researchers to come to Asia, I'd like to
propose hosting
an AIM here and letting it be collocated with APLAS'23.

Agda has been used widely in the study of PL. Particularly, there are users
and contributors
based in Taiwan, including myself, Ting-Gian (banacorn at GitHub, the
author of Agda Language Server),
and my colleagues; also from Japan, and Singapore.

To mitigate the climate impact, of course, we shouldn't travel too much and
we should
merge our trips if possible. The last AIM in Asia was 4 years ago in Tokyo,
Japan, and
making it a collocated event should be morally legitimate.

Making it a collocated event may allow more interested people to come, as
every
institute policy varies. We also have some general funding.

What do you think? Is anyone interested in coming?

Cheers,
Liang-Ting

--
Dr Liang-Ting Chen