[Agda] Call for TYPES Steering Committee Nominations

Henning Basold h.basold at liacs.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Jun 9 11:46:57 CEST 2022

Dear colleagues,

The steering committee of the TYPES conference series is looking for
two new members to join us for three years, as the term of the elected
members Andreas and Frédéric is ending. There are interesting challenges
for the future of our beloved TYPES conference, for which we need people
with a heart and ideas for the conference series! For instance will we
have to handle challenges arising from the growing size of the TYPES
community, the need for conferences with online elements and other
aspects of academic life.

Please consider nominating someone or yourself to join the steering
committee. If you nominate someone else, then please check beforehand
whether that person is in principle willing to join the SC. We will
hold the elections of the new members during the general assembly
on 21 June during TYPES 2022 in Nantes. Every nominee should briefly
introduce oneself during the general assembly. If a nominee cannot
be present there, we can also set up a video call, play a recording or
if neither is possible present some slides for the nominee.

Please send nominations and requests for video calls/playback via email
to Henning Basold <h.basold at liacs.leidenuniv.nl> before Tuesday,
21 June, 12:00 (CEST). Nominations of people present can also be placed
during the general assembly. Keep in mind that last minute nominations
do not allow the nominee to prepare themselves though.

Please forward this call to anyone who might be interested in joining
the TYPES SC. In particular, we could use a bit more diversity in
the composition of our members!

Kind regards,
The TYPES SC
www.types.name