[Agda] when with-abstraction fails?

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Mon May 2 18:27:23 CEST 2022

Agda cannot a priori know whether to expect to abstract the
with-expression in the goal or not, so it considers both as fine.
Wherever it finds it, it will abstract it, but if it does not find it,
maybe the user wanted just a non-dependent case.

If we separated these use cases (non-dependent case vs. dependent with)
into two separate keywords, we could give an error if `with` found
nothing to abstract.

If this is wanted, welcome to submit a proposal to the Agda issue
tracker for discussion.