[Agda] 3 Fully funded PhD positions in Software Technology at Radboud University, Netherlands

Peter Achten P.Achten at cs.ru.nl
Mon Dec 20 16:32:26 CET 2021

3 Fully funded PhD positions in Software Technology at Radboud
University, Netherlands

In the Software Technology group at Radboud University in Nijmegen,
Netherlands, we are
looking for enthusiastic and outstanding Computer Science or Mathematics
students with
a strong background in at least one of the following areas:
  * programming languages
  * compiler technology
  * code generation
  * runtime systems
  * High-Performance-Computing
  * Parallel Computing
to strengthen our group.

Our key driving force is the desire to combine programming language
research with compiler
technology and code generation techniques for creating practically
applicable software
tools. Our credo lies in HP3 technology: combining High-Productivity,
High-Portability,
and High-Performance.

Long-term projects driven by our group include the Clean project
(clean.cs.ru.nl), the SaC
project (www.sac-home.org), and the iTask system (clean.cs.ru.nl/ITasks).

Our current focal points are: *Gradual Programming*, *Swarm Computing*,
*Heterogeneous High-
Performance Computing*, *Sustainable and Energy-Efficient Computing*.

With *Gradual Programming*, we aim to combine the flexibility of rapid
prototyping with the
type safety of strongly typed programming languages. We look into a
radically new approach
towards typing programming languages for increased productivity,
correctness and
sustainability.
Please contact Peter Achten (P.Achten at cs.ru.nl) for details.

*Swarm Computing* refers to the idea of being able to, from a single
source, perform
programming, controlling, and computation on a dynamic and hybrid
collection of computational
units varying from CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, TPUs, to IoT devices. Currently,
we are particularly
interested in Swarm Computing for sustainable IoT utilisation.
Please contact Pieter Koopman (pieter at cs.ru.nl) for details.

In *Heterogeneous High-Performance Computing*, we are interested in the
generation of code
for swarm computing systems aiming for unprecedented levels of
efficiency in terms of both,
runtime and energy efficiency. This includes mainstream accelerators
such as GPUs and FPGAs
as well as novel architectures such as Cerebras’ new architecture
(www.cerebras.net). This
work will contribute to the new TEN-X initiative (mission10-x.org).
Please contact Sven-Bodo Scholz (SvenBodo.Scholz at ru.nl) for details.

We offer:
  * a gross monthly salary starting from €2,434 in the first year,
step-wise increasing to
    €3,111 in the fourth year.
  * a 4 year full-time contract, subject to a successful performance
evaluation after 18 months.
  * a stimulating work environment with excellent Dual Career and Family
Care Services.

= How to apply =
Applications should consist of a single pdf-file containing your CV, a
cover letter explaining
your motivation, and a letter of reference. We will consider
applications as they arrive until
the positions are filled. The deadline for applications is January 31 2022.

Please send your application to: SvenBodo.Scholz at ru.nl.