[Agda] Agda on Apple Silicon?

Liang-Ting Chen liang.ting.chen.tw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 14:25:28 CEST 2021

The latest GHC 8.10.5 now supports the native code generation for Apple M1
(arm64), and homebrew has updated its formula to use GHC 8.10.5 for
building Agda.

https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/agda#default

So, on macOS, installing it via homebrew just works again.

Best regards,
Liang-Ting

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 19:53 Martin Escardo <m.escardo at cs.bham.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Now just following the cabal installation instructions in the Agda wiki
> works for the apple m1 chip. I did this to install the new version of
> Agda. M.
>
> On 19/04/2021 05:27, asai at is.ocha.ac.jp wrote:
> > Thank you for all the information!  I could install agda (2.6.1.3)
> > successfully.  For record, I write what I did (following Martin's
> > message):
> >
> > softwareupdate --install-rosetta
> > arch -x86_64 /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)"
> > arch -x86_64 /usr/local/bin/brew install agda

Dr Liang-Ting Chen
Institute of Information Science
Academia Sinica, Taiwan