[Agda] [ANNOUNCE] Agda 2.6.2

mechvel at scico.botik.ru mechvel at scico.botik.ru
Sat Jun 19 21:31:38 CEST 2021

On 2021-06-19 16:38, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 at 05:57, <mechvel at scico.botik.ru> wrote:
>
>> I try to install it from source under
>> cabal-3.4.0.0, ghc-9.0.1, Ubuntu Linux 18.04:
>>
>>> cabal install
>>> cabal update
>
> I guess you meant
>
> $ cabal update
> $ cabal install
>
>> And this time it reports
>>
>> cabal: filepath wildcard 'doc/user-manual.pdf' does not match any
>> files.
>
> It seems you were installing Agda 2.6.2 from a directory with a
> `Agda.cabal` file. Try to install Agda from a different directory.

Thank you. This helps.

This happens in the directory  ~/agda/2.6.2/
where Agda.cabal resides.

Now I try
   > cd ~/agda
   > cabal install 2.6.2/Agda

This does not work.
But
  > cabal install Agda

does work.

Is this a new feature in Cabal (cabal-install) ?
The whole approach looks strange:
to apply "cabal install Agda" staying somewhere aside,
without specifying where the target Agda.cabal resides.
There are directories with other Agda versions, and they also contain
Agda.cabal.
How does the user know where it will find this file?
And if I specify its residence, this is treated as an error.
Does not this look strange?

Regards,

------
Sergei