[Agda] installing agda

Ingo Blechschmidt iblech at speicherleck.de
Sat Jan 30 18:01:10 CET 2021

Dear Manuel,

On Sat 30 Jan 2021 03:32:12 PM GMT, Manuel Bärenz wrote:
> > In case there are still installation difficulties, you might want to
> > check out the online version of Agda at
> >
> >     https://agdapad.quasicoherent.io/.
>
> This is fantastic! What software is this? Can it be embedded easily in
> an existing page?

glad that you like it! It's a self-rolled potpourri of diverse free
software components. On each request, a lightweight container is
spawned which the browser communicates with using the VNC protocol.
There are some optimizations with pre-starting containers so that

It can in principle be easily embedded into existing pages, for instance
as an iframe. Just note that, unlike Nextjournal (https://nextjournal.com/plfa/ToC),
all visitors will access the same pad. Great for collaboration or for
guiding Agda learners, not so great for blogs.

Do you think that an "open this block of code as an
Agdapad" feature (perhaps even with a pinned version of Agda and Agda
libraries), where clicking on such a link would open a fresh Agdapad,
would be useful?

> How about making an "official" server that is linked from the agda docs?
> It would be great to have this linked so beginners find it quickly.

I would volunteer to provide my server as "official server", or to
manage someone else's server. (But let's start small, see whether people
are using it, ...) I didn't get around to cleaning up my code, but hope
to release it in the very near future, enabling anybody to host their own
Agdapad instances.

Cheers,
Ingo