[Agda] profiling

mechvel at scico.botik.ru mechvel at scico.botik.ru
Thu Jan 28 22:48:11 CET 2021

Can anybody, please, advise on something like profiling in Agda?

I compare the two methods to compute a certain function f on
polynomials:
`simple' and `optimized'.
In Haskell, `optimized' is reasonably faster on tests than `simple',
as expected.
Then I program the same algorithms in Agda, only ordinary computation
is mixed there with forming proofs.
And the Main test program does not print proofs.
Now, Agda-simple performs as fast as Haskell-simple (1.5 times slower).
But Agda-optimized performs hundreds times slower.

I am sure that this can be fixed - after finding a certain responsible
function. So far, I fail with discovering such.
In the Glasgow Haskell system I sometimes used profiling, and it helped.
Is there something of this kind that can be used with
Agda-2.6.1, MAlonzo, ghc-8.8.3 ?

Thanks,

------
Sergei