[Agda] What does "Set !=< {some type}" mean?

James Wood james.wood.100 at strath.ac.uk
Sat Jan 16 17:08:15 CET 2021

Incidentally, have the developers ever considered using a “nicer” symbol
like ⊈ or ≰? Maybe even ASCII </= would be more readable. My impression
is that !=< is illegible to newcomers unless they either ask or notice
that it decomposes, with ! being “not”, = being the main bit, and <
giving a direction for subtyping. On the other hand, I'm sure there are
several advantages to sticking to ASCII, and also with picking something
that doesn't appear in users' code. Probably most other languages use
words (“is not a subtype of”) in their error messages.

James