[Agda] Tips for working around proof relevance

Thorsten Altenkirch Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 16 13:43:23 CET 2020

P.S. This library was written before cubical agda. I think we should get rid of all this setoid stuff and do it properly!

On 16/12/2020, 12:35, "Agda on behalf of James Wood" <agda-bounces at lists.chalmers.se on behalf of james.wood.100 at strath.ac.uk> wrote:

    On 16/12/2020 07:36, Thorsten Altenkirch wrote:
    > But then how do you construct the arrow category?

    The canonical answer to questions like this is to look in
    agda-categories, and see what it does.

    In this case
    (https://github.com/agda/agda-categories/blob/master/src/Categories/Category/Construction/Arrow.agda),
    it looks like when we make the type of objects of the arrow category, we
    just forget the equivalence relation on the hom-setoid. Objects of the
    arrow category (A, B, f) and (A, B, f′) where f ≈ f′ are isomorphic,
    which should be good enough because we never talk about equality on
    objects. The answer to the original question about comma categories
    should be very similar.

    Best regards,
    James