[Agda] On IRC, Slack, Gitter, Discord, and Zulip (re: Hanging out with the Lean crowd)

David Thrane Christiansen david at davidchristiansen.dk
Fri Aug 21 15:20:23 CEST 2020

One property of e-mail that I like is that one can choose between many
>> different clients. Does the same apply to any of the other communication
>> methods being discussed?
>>

> As far as I know the only platform with this feature is Matrix.org, which
> is designed as an open platform with many possible clients, e.g.
> https://element.io/. I have never tried it myself however, so I can't say
> much about it other than that.
>
> -- Jesper

Mattermost has at least one additional client that Galois built and
maintains: https://github.com/matterhorn-chat/matterhorn

We use Mattermost internally, and having a much lighter weight client than
the clunky Web ones is a real improvement over something like Slack or
Discord, where you're stuck.

But Matrix was really designed as a protocol first, and it has many more
clients, which is nice.

David