[Agda] On IRC, Slack, Gitter, Discord, and Zulip (re: Hanging out with the Lean crowd)

Manuel Bärenz manuel at enigmage.de
Fri Aug 21 13:35:36 CEST 2020

> Here are some of the current options with my opinion on them:
I'd like to throw https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discourse_(software)
into the mix. It's very successfully in use for the NixOS and Nextcloud
communities.
> My personal preference would be to centralize all communication (other
> than Github and the mailing list) on Zulip. But since this is an
> important decision, I would very much like to hear other opinions as
> well before we decide on anything.
A wild thought that might seem impossible to some, but is much in line
with the proposal: Get rid of the mailing list as well in the long run.
I'd consider mailing lists to be quite an arcane, unscalable, closed,
poorly searchable medium. Of course, a technologically superior
alternative such as Discourse or Zulip would have to be installed and
stabilised first, and ongoing discussions (and possibly the mailing list
history) moved there.