[Agda] Permanent positions at the University of Strathclyde

Fredrik Nordvall Forsberg fredrik.nordvall-forsberg at strath.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 18:35:12 CEST 2020

Dear all,

In the near future, the University of Strathclyde will announce a call for

   ** five-year research positions leading to permanent appointments **

Indeed, it is reassuring to see the university continue recruitment
despite the Covid situation. The Mathematically Structured Programming
group in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences welcomes
applications from type theorists and dependently typed programmers, and
would be happy to help you develop an application. Please contact Neil
Ghani <neil.ghani at strath.ac.uk> if you are interested, or of course me
or anyone else from the group if you have questions.

Please also forward this message to others who might be interested.

The MSP group
=============

The MSP group's vision is to use mathematics to understand the nature of
computation, and to then turn that understanding into  into the next
generation of programming languages. We use ideas from category theory,
type theory, and logic to do so. The group consists of Dr Robert Atkey,
Dr Ross Duncan, Professor Neil Ghani, Dr Jules Hedges, Dr Clemens Kupke,
Dr Jérémy Ledent, Professor Radu Mardare, Dr Conor McBride, Dr Fredrik
Nordvall Forsberg, Professor Glynn Winskel, and our PhD students.

For more information, please see our group website, and our individual
websites linked from there:

http://msp.cis.strath.ac.uk

Glasgow and Scotland
====================

The University of Strathclyde is located in the heart of Glasgow, which
Lonely Planet Travel Guides hail as "one of Britain's most intriguing
metropolises" (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/scotland/glasgow/). It is
less than an hour away by car or public transport from the Scottish
Highlands. Southern Scotland provides a particularly stimulating
environment for researchers in theoretical computer science, with active
groups in this area at Heriot-Watt University, the University of
Edinburgh, the University of Glasgow, the University of St. Andrews, and
the University of Strathclyde.

Best wishes,
Fredrik