[Agda] Defining equality in Prop

András Kovács puttamalac at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 17:23:52 CEST 2020

Hi,

The Prop in Agda is meant to be compatible with univalence. An identity
type in Prop which eliminates into Set is not compatible with that. For
this and other reasons, the conditions for eliminating into Set are more
complicated than just having a single constructor. See the paper:
https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/3290316

You can still postulate the identity type which you want, and use rewrite
rules to define elimination. I believe that this is consistent, because
such an identity type is justified e.g. by the setoid model. I've
personally used this identity type a few times.

Bob Atkey <bob.atkey at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. jún. 23., K,
16:55):