[Agda] An article by Jean-Yves Girard

mechvel at scico.botik.ru mechvel at scico.botik.ru
Tue Apr 21 15:24:17 CEST 2020

On 2020-04-21 15:54, Xuanrui Qi wrote:
>> The result was that simple notions
>> and proofs were reformulated in a complex way, and the proofs have
>> become many times larger and many times more complex.
>
> I'm afraid many people on this list would not agree with this
> statement. From what little I know about topos theory, many proofs can
> be greatly simplified using topos theory. Ingo Blechschmidt, for
> example, used topos theory to simplify many proofs in algebraic
> geometry [1]. Ingo himself might be on this list, so I won't say too
> much about his work. But this is a divergence.

I just transfer the opinion of a certain expert in logic who is aware of
the topos
approach. He referred this way to a certain dissertation. This was in
about 1995.

I am sorry, I know nothing about topos.
May be, the approach is good.
But I am sure that a true paper is not written this way.
Maybe other papers will do ...

------
Sergei