[Agda] Example of an online conference in theoretical computer science BCTCS starting now

Shin-Cheng Mu scm at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Fri Apr 10 14:57:47 CEST 2020

Hi,

> On Apr 10, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Thorsten Altenkirch <Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:
> Does this mean that zoom enables a hostile takeover
> of your computer or just that unauthorised people
> can listen to your conversations? In the 2nd case
> i don’t care.

As far as I know the bigger issue is about leaking
user information. There are reports (to be confirmed)
that login information of some Zoom users was hacked
and posted on Dark Web.

  https://www.techtimes.com/articles/248672/20200408/352-stolen-zoom-passwords-meeting-ids-and-other-personal-infromation-are-now-being-shared-on-the-dark-web.htm

Here is a brief summary of other known problems:

  https://www.forbes.com/sites/marleycoyne/2020/04/03/zooms-big-security-problems-summarized

For these reasons, Taiwan's government agencies
were told not to use Zoom.

Meanwhile, Zoom keeps issuing patches, so these
may change.

sincerely,
Shin