[Agda] [lean-user] Re: [Coq-Club] Why dependent type theory?

mechvel at scico.botik.ru mechvel at scico.botik.ru
Fri Mar 6 20:40:28 CET 2020

Continuing a sub-discussion about the  type check performance,

I add that I have tried now the current Development Agda version (March
5, 2020).

I compare it to the last official version of 2.6.0.1
at a certain BFLib project (Binary Integer + General Fraction
arithmetcic).
This library is may be 5 times smaller than DoCon-A, but it is large in
comparison to
usual Agda application practice.

It is applied
       > time agda $agdaLibOpt BRationalTest.agda  +RTS -M<size> -RTS

(on  ghc-8.8.3, Ubuntu Linux 18.04, 3 GHz personal computer)

which type-checks everything in the given memory space.
Development Agda type-checks it in the minimum of  1400 Mb memory,
it is about 1.5 times less space eager and 20% faster.

This gives a certain hope, assuming that 2.6.0.1 probably wins something
relatively to
the versions of 2017.
This needs testing and effort in upgrading DoCon-A.

Regards,

------
Sergei