[Agda] About the logo poll and its issues

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard+agda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 14:31:20 CEST 2019

Hello Agda list members,

Administrating the poll through CIVS has not been entirely smooth so far.

* Sending the ~600 emails didn't work well the first time only the first
~100 received it. Then I sent the rest by batches of 100.
* You have received it in french because the website supports various
languages but implicitly sends them in the same language as the setting of
the browser of the administrator.
* Some people have reported that their logo is not in the list or that only
one version should be or should be split.
* One cannot change the the proposals after the poll is started.
* ~90 people already voted.

Either we continue with this poll and I resend emails in English (this does
not allow to vote twice),
or we start a new one which can allow minor changes to the list of proposal
at the cost of making re-vote those who did.

I will act on one of these choices this evening. I'd be glad to read your
feedback meanwhile.

Let's keep in mind that while the choice of the logo is important, the goal
is to balance the following:

* The list of proposal should match what the community proposed.
* The list of members should represent the Agda community.
* The process should be simple enough and trustworthy.
* The voluntary time to run the poll should be manageable.

Best regards,