[Agda] Raw algebraic structures in the standard library

Matthew Daggitt matthewdaggitt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 13:49:55 CEST 2019

> I think I included the raw structures to make it possible to use
> structures that do not support all the laws, or to avoid having to prove
> all the laws. For instance, I don't think it is possible (ignoring bugs)
> to prove the monad laws for the TC monad (with propositional equality as
> the equality relation).

Thanks for the example! Of course, it would so happen that with
propositional equality then anything would trivially still fulfil the
proposed new definition of the `Raw` structures. Nonetheless I think I'm
convinced that maybe we need a separate set of structures rather than
simply changing the existing ones. Thanks all for the input.