[Agda] using agda

Caryo Scelus caryoscelus at gmx.com
Fri Jul 19 17:56:52 CEST 2019

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 01:35:24 +0000
Jeremy Dawson <Jeremy.Dawson at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Distro is DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS"
>
> version of agda seems to be Version: 2.4.2.5-1build1

And an old library; yeah, i'd say that's too old to bother fixing
(but if you really want, check out that old thread). Perhaps the most
balanced way is to install Agda from hackage (via cabal or stack);
alternatively you can try installing newer debs (from fresher ubuntu or
debian), but that obviously might run into issues.

> I've just tried here at home, getting a similar error, distro is
> Fedora 27, agda version is Agda-2.5.2-9.fc27.x86_64

Although latest version is 2.6.x, this is more reasonably recent. Do
you experience both errors there? (first should be solvable, as i
mentioned in previous message, by setting up stdlib path/dependency)
What are messages exactly?