[Agda] problem installing agda (template Haskell ?)

Liang-Ting Chen liang.ting.chen.tw at gmail.com
Wed May 22 18:32:10 CEST 2019

Hi Thorsten,

It seems that there is a bug in GHC 8.0.? hit by the recent commits as
there is also another issue on GitHub

https://github.com/agda/agda/issues/3792

when Agda is compiled with 8.0.2.

I have compiled successfully the latest Agda with GHC 8.6.5 using stack on
a macOS 10.14.4. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Liang-Ting

On Wed, 22 May 2019 at 16:30, Thorsten Altenkirch <
Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> Has anybody encountered a problem installing agda in the moment? Cabal
> install fails with some error messages to do with template Haskell. First
> it says
>

> Use --force-reinstalls if you want to install anyway.
>

> But when I do it it runs into an error
>

> Building geniplate-mirror-0.7.6...
>
> Preprocessing library geniplate-mirror-0.7.6...
>
> [1 of 1] Compiling Data.Generics.Geniplate ( Data/Generics/Geniplate.hs,
> dist/dist-sandbox-d9c30c4b/build/Data/Generics/Geniplate.o )
>

> Data/Generics/Geniplate.hs:264:33: error:
>
>     • Can't find interface-file declaration for type constructor or class
> Language.Haskell.TH.Lib.ExpQ
>
>         Probable cause: bug in .hi-boot file, or inconsistent .hi file
>
>         Use -ddump-if-trace to get an idea of which file caused the error
>

> I am using
>
> sean:agda txa$ ghc --version
>
> The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 8.0.1
>
> on a mac and the latest version of the agda repo.
>

> I attach a dump from the terminal. I tried this on 2 different machines.
>

> Thorsten

> attachment.

> where permitted by law.

Best regards,