[Agda] Performance tips and profiling memory usage

Matthew Daggitt matthewdaggitt at gmail.com
Thu May 2 04:37:36 CEST 2019

Hi all,
 The standard library has now reached the point where it's taking ~7GB of
RAM to check which is obviously putting a strain on my 8GB laptop. I was
wondering if there were either:

a) any tips or tricks for reducing memory usage. I've found this
<https://wiki.portal.chalmers.se/agda/pmwiki.php?n=Main.PerformanceTips>
page on the old Wiki, but given it was last updated 6 years ago I assume
things have probably moved on. The new documentation doesn't seem to have a
corresponding page.

b) any way of profiling memory usage per module? Running htop I've noticed
that the memory usage often suddenly jumps by half a gig or more. I'm
wondering if there are a couple of files responsible and if so whether
there is an easy way I could locate them?

Many thanks,
Matthew