[Agda] Automating Haskell FFI bindings

Caryo Scelus caryoscelus at gmx.com
Sun Dec 23 18:20:49 CET 2018

Hello,

I intend to use Agda for graphical application and so going to deal with
accessing Haskell libraries from agda code (at least *for a while*).
While i find FFI fairly straightforward and convenient for one-time
imports, i feel like it could (and should) be more automated. Thus i
wonder whether some tool for this purpose already exists or perhaps
someone could point me where should i start if i were to create one (i'd
really rather not rely on custom per-project sed-like scripts ;) ).

I can think of template haskell or using some haskell parsing lib, but
i don't have any real experience with either. And of course, there's an
option of building it into agda compiler, but from the errors i'm
sometimes getting it seems that currently GHC backend does not check
bindings against actual haskell modules (so probably still needs some
library). I haven't explored these options yet since i'm still hoping i
might have overlooked some existing solution.