[Agda] UTF in Ubuntu

mechvel at scico.botik.ru mechvel at scico.botik.ru
Mon Dec 10 20:45:33 CET 2018

On 2018-12-10 11:48, Nils Anders Danielsson wrote:
> On 09/12/2018 17.42, mechvel at scico.botik.ru wrote:
>> I use emacs 25.2 for Agda under Ubuntu 18.04.
>> And it draws the arrow  \-->  (the arrow which is in _Preserves_->_)
>> in a bad way.
>> Is this a matter of  emacs  or may be,  of graphic programs  used in
>> Ubuntu ?
>
> If you don't like the appearance of the arrow, then you can perhaps
> switch to a different font (M-x menu-set-font).

I am sorry, I have forgotten of how do I call emacs!
I call it via alias as
                        emacs -nw

I Debian + emacs 23..  it works fine, but not in Ubuntu 18.04 + emacs
25.2.

Now I looked into options and choose

              emacs -bg black -fg white

And it is almost all right.
Only
   ∷  is shown considerably larger than, for example,  O,
   and ∣ is separated with half-blank, so that  ∣x  is drawn close to   ∣
.
And  Debian + (emacs-23 -nw)   draws everything all right.

--
SM