[Agda] using literals and the standard library

Guillaume Allais guillaume.allais at ens-lyon.org
Wed Dec 5 21:04:01 CET 2018

Hi Martin,

That looks like a reasonable module definition (with the side remark
that it's not necessary to import Data.Unit).

We are a bit reluctant to add instance declarations to the standard
library because they can't be hidden upon module import so users would
necessarily have them in scope even if they don't want them.

As for the Data.Fin.Literals.number if we do need the natural number
to be implicit for it to be usable directly as an instance, I think
that should indeed be modified in the stdlib.

gallais