[Agda] [ANNOUNCE] Agda 2.5.4 release candidate 2

Andrés Sicard-Ramírez asr at eafit.edu.co
Sat May 26 07:20:46 CEST 2018

Dear all,

The Agda Team is very pleased to announce the second release candidate
of Agda 2.5.4. We plan to release 2.5.4 in one week.

Fixed issues on this RC
==============

The fixed issues since the first release candidate were:

#2306: Commands in the emacs-mode get confused if we add question
marks to the file
#3004: Agda hangs on extended lambda
#3067: checking hangs on invalid program
#3072: invalid section printing
#3074: Wrong hiding causes internal error in LHS checker
#3075: Automatic inlining and tactics
#3078: Error building with GHC 7.10.2: Missing transformers library
#3079: Wrong parameter hiding for instance open
#3080: Case splitting prints out-of-scope pattern synonyms
#3082: Emacs mode regression: a ? inserted before existing hole
hijacks its interaction point
#3083: Wrong hiding in module application
#3084: Changes to mode line do not take effect immediately
#3085: Postpone checking a pattern let binding when type is blocked

Installation
=======

This RC can be installed using the following instruction:

  $ cabal install
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/Agda-2.5.3.20180526/candidate/Agda-2.5.3.20180526.tar.gz

GHC supported versions
===============

This RC has been tested with GHC 7.10.3, 8.0.2, 8.2.2 and 8.4.2 on
Linux, macOS and Windows.

Please note that GHC 8.4.2 requires cabal-install ≥ 2.2.0.0.

Standard library
==========

For the time being, you can use the `experimental` branch of the
standard library which is compatible with
this RC. This branch is available at

  https://github.com/agda/agda-stdlib/tree/experimental

What is new, some fixed issues and incompatibilities

  https://hackage.haskell.org/package/Agda-2.5.3.20180526/candidate/changelog

Enjoy the RC and please test as much as possible.

--
Andrés, on behalf of the Agda Team