[Agda] agda-mode input method

Sandro Stucki sandro.stucki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:43:36 CEST 2018

> Is there a way to make agda-input available without loading the Agda itself.

The input method is in a separate file "agda-input", so I guess it can
be used standalone in principle. Of course, you still need to tell
emacs how to find the file. So you could include something like this
in your .emacs file:

  (add-to-list 'load-path "<path-to-Agda-installation>/emacs-mode/")
  (require 'agda-input nil t)

But that's a bit brittle, so it's probably better to just load
agda-mode the usual way:

  (load-file (let ((coding-system-for-read 'utf-8))
               (shell-command-to-string "agda-mode locate")))
  (require 'agda-input nil t)

If you just want unicode support you could also use the "TeX" input
method (though personally, I prefer the Agda input method).

Cheers
/Sandro