[Agda] Finer-grained library control in Agda

Frederik Hanghøj Iversen fhi.1990 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 09:59:59 CET 2018

Can I depend on a package only locally?

I know I can put a package in `~/.agda/libraries` and thus make it
available globally on my system.

What I really need is a way for a library to ship with it's own
dependencies. So that I can e.g. use git-submodules to explicitly list
dependencies.

The problem I have is that I'm working on a library that explicitly does
not want to depend on the standard library (for reasons I guess) - but I
also need to use this library in another library that depends on this
library *and* the standard library - but it would make my life a *lot
easier* if we agreed on the definition of e..g Sigma. So I want to depend
on a modified version of the library. But if I have two versions lying
around in my system I can work on the dependency as all module names are
suddenly ambiguous. And if I don't register the dependency globally I
cannot use it in the dependent package.

--
Regards
*Frederik Hanghøj Iversen*