[Agda] [ANNOUNCE] Agda 2.5.3

Sergei Meshveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Sun Sep 10 14:22:14 CEST 2017

On Sun, 2017-09-10 at 13:59 +0200, Andreas Abel wrote:
> >    > cabal install Agda
>  >
>  > And it responds
>  >
>  >    Resolving dependencies...
>  >    All the requested packages are already installed:
>  >    Agda-2.6.0
>  >    Use --reinstall if you want to reinstall anyway.
>
> Seems cabal is smarter these days.
>
> Does the following work?
>
>    cabal install Agda-2.5.4
>
> Anyway, if you are working with Agda-2.6.0 (development version), I see
> no reason good to install the released version.  Rather, update your
> clone of the github repository and install from there.

The current goal is different.
My application release  DoCon-A 2.00  writes in  install.txt  that it is
needed  Agda 2.5.3  (or a compatible).

Because it needs to refer to any official Agda release, which is
reasonably simple for the users to install, and under which the
application is workable. And it is workable only under
Agda 2.5.3-candidate (which probably may mention in messages
"Agda-2.6.0").

So, I need first to make sure that I myself can install  Agda 2.5.3,
and then to compile DoCon-A 2.00 with it.
Right?

Does the command

  > cabal install --reinstall Agda

fits this goal in my situation?