[Agda] guidelines for reporting internal errors

Martin Stone Davis martin.stone.davis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 16:41:58 CEST 2017

How much does it help the Agda developers to have a small test case when
given a report about an internal error? A lot or a little?

I recently submitted an issue <https://github.com/agda/agda/issues/2709>
reporting an internal error and linked to a fairly complex 300-line
program. I spent considerable time reducing the program even that far
and could have gone further, but I found myself running out of steam,
unsure if my efforts were worth it. My question here is not about that
issue specifically but in general aimed towards answering how I should
go about reporting an internal error.