[Agda] parameters vs indices

Henning Basold henning at basold.eu
Wed Jul 12 14:21:05 CEST 2017

Hi Thorsten,

Interesting point! I haven't thought about using Kan extensions here.
Would you be so kind to briefly hint at the categories and functors
involved? Or is there even a reference for that?

Another view on this arises by using that dependent coproducts are left
adjoint to substitutions. This allows one to reduce dependent inductive
types with indices to initial algebras, see Thm. 4.1 in
http://dx.doi.org/10.4204/EPTCS.191.3

Cheers,
Henning