[Agda] Possibly infinite/exponential compilation time by just calling a certain function

Jan Bracker jan.bracker at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:14:39 CEST 2017

Hi,

and again thank you for the quick help!

@Nils: I tried turning off eta equality but that did not change a thing. I
did not try using copatterns, because it would have taken me a long time to
rewrite everything without being sure if it actually helps or which bit are
important to rewrite.

@Wolfram: That patch is amazing!
I patched it into the 2.5.2 stable release and it compiled the postulates
within a matter of seconds. Before the patch it wasn't done after 90+
minutes.
Is this going to be included in the release of 2.5.3? I hope it will be.
I do feel a bit of a twinge modifying the compiler to make my proofs type
check. I hope this does not introduce any inconsistencies or problems?
I rechecked all of my code and as far as I can tell none of my work takes
longer to compile. If anything it all appears to compile quicker now,
though I do not have actual numbers to back this up.

I hope I don't hit another performance wall any time soon.

Best,
Jan