[Agda] Possibly infinite/exponential compilation time by just calling a certain function

Jan Bracker jan.bracker at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 27 17:09:09 CEST 2017

Thank you, Nils!

I was not aware of "abstract" as a language feature. I will keep it in mind
and I have made all my equivalence proofs abstract. It still takes a
significant amount of time to type check the triangle identity but it
eventually type checks now.

I tried to add the last postulate I need, but even though I now have marked
all of the proofs as abstract the compilation time is again at 30+ minutes
with no end in sight:

https://github.com/jbracker/polymonad-proofs/blob/ec730f224eedb478cfdfb277c7eea2503dae5771/src/Theory/Category/Monoidal/Examples/FunctorWithDayConvolution/Postulates/PentagonId.agda