[Agda] type check performance

Thorsten Altenkirch Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 12:51:40 CET 2017

Just a general remark: when we talk about type checking we really mean
type inference, which involves solving equations due to implicit syntax.
My impression is that some of the stuff done in Coq tactics is done as
type inference in the case of Agda. Another issue is that a lot of Coq
practice doesn¹t use dependent types but uses simply typed programs and
then uses predicate logic to reason about completely bypassing some of the
issues Agda has.

Thorsten